gtag.js

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Perseids Meteor Shower

This post was 2014 this year 2016 I experienced three shooting stars and a cluster of meteor storm right after 3:00 AM August 11, 2016. set your alarm if you live away from city lights or fog the shower can be seen with your eyes - no equipment needed
Here's a link to check when the moon falls or goes down allowing a darker sky to see the stars - enter your local city read the time it rises and add 12 



Piero di Cosimo "Perseus"





















Perseids Meteor Shower tonight-
Find a refuge away from city lights.
I'll be in Modjeska Canyon
facing due north.
Aries sits on the right of Perseus.
Perseus runs across in the sky.
Catch flaming comets falling -
sparklers from past 4th of July.
Did it burn your bare feet?
I wish upon the stars that
you won't have clouds and
the super moon don't meet.

Caroline Gerardo


My diagram to see the Meteor shower tonight at midnight for my children

No comments: